Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Six weeks already!!! September 29, 2009

Hey everyone. This week was a pretty good week. I enjoyed the food a lot this week, I don't know why, but it just seemed to taste better.
Another guy in my district was sick this week, but we gave him a blessing and he is doing better now. I heard that Emily had the flu. That's not good, I hope you are better.
It was a testimony meeting here also, because of conference and everyone in my district shared our testimonies. I talked about proselyting. It was a great experience. I had a huge headache at the time we were going, so that was a little difficult, but it went well.
The first guy that we talked to was drunk and he talked to us for about 15 minutes. Then when we finally got away from him, we talked to a few others with no luck. Then we had two people in a row that we taught the first lesson to and gave them books of Mormon. It was sweet to see how excited they were as we were sharing our message with them. It was a very great experience. So, after that, we had about 15 minutes where we did not find anyone that was interested, so I told my companion that we should go back around by the CTM. So, we do and we go around the corner and nobody was there, so I said lets just wait here for a second and somebody will come. Then a minute later we see a guy walking down the street and we felt we should talk to him. We did and as we did he got so excited. We shared some scriptures with him and he told us that the missionaries came and visited him in his home in Rio De Janeiro. That he has only visited with them one time, but that he reads from the Book of Mormon (a few pages) at night time whenever he gets a chance. He said he is in like Jacob. So we gave him a chapter in Alma to read and some other verses to read, including Moroni 10:3-5. Told him just to keep reading, pray, and call the missionaries to come visit him. He was still interested just could not get in touch with the Elders. So, anyways, we share our testimonies with him and thank him for his time and he heads off. After that we placed one more Book of Mormon and talked to a bunch of people. It was a great experience and I was not nervous like I thought I would be. It was not hard to do. Well that is it for this week. I am looking forward to General Conference this weekend. I am excited for it. It is a break from the regular class time studies and etc. I love you guys, I pray for you all daily. Take care, do not get sick, and have a great week everyone.
Love, Elder Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment