Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Email # 3

Hey everyone, this week has gone by super fast for me, its crazy. I knew they would start going by faster once I started getting letters and getting to look forward to e-mail. The Elder that was sick still has a sore throat and a bad cough, and he gave it to my companion so now he is kinda sick again, thats the second time he has been sick. He hadn't been sick in forever since before his mission, but now is catching everything. Well we had some more chocolate banana pizza on Wednesday. It was just as good as before. They have so many good foods here, yet so many weird and not so good ones also. It is very interesting. I have had a great week. We have had some very good speakers at the firesides and devotionals. Sunday was a testimony meeting and some of the Elders in my branch were leaving so we heard all of their testimonies, and then time was pretty much up. (we go to church in branches at the CTM because there are at least 400 missionaries here) I love it here, this place is so beautiful. Today as we were walking to the supermarket it started raining super hard, I had an umbrella but was still completely wet. It was crazy, it just dropped out of nowhere. The rain was great, very refreshing and everything seems so much cleaner and fresh. I'm very please to be here, I know it is what I need to be doing. I love D&C 100:1-2. Great scripture there, we got it in a talk and the speaker said that it can have more special meaning to you if you put your name in for the names in the scripture. So I did that and it has helped me if I ever start to worry about any of you guys back at home. The Brazilian companions we have had for 3 weeks left today, we get new ones on Thursday, but the ones we had were so cool. I've taken pictures of them and the next p-day, I am going to try and mail some pictures home. But names are Elder Almedia and Elder moraes, Elder Moraes is a local Stake President's son, and he was excited that the four American Elders in our room were going to be serving in his area. The cookies at Cheney's are good, I enjoyed them so much when I had them last week. I have practiced my Portuguese even more and can pray, say by testimony, have people commit to reading something or praying about something, ask common questions like how is it going and everything. I know the purpose of a missionary in Portuguese, as well as Joseph Smiths first vision and some articles of faith. I feel great about the language and know as long as I continue to do what is right I can continue to learn the language nicely, my companion is doing really well with it also, his accent is more actually Portuguese sounding than mine, but people still know what I am saying. I actually remember a lot of the Spanish I learned in high school and it has really helped me out during my time here so far, and I know it will continue to do so. So take a language class in high school, it is very helpful with things you may do during life. It hasn't been the most entertaining week, but I have learned a lot. I love all of you guys very much and miss you. I think about you frequently. I kow I am doing what I need to be. Thats all for this week, hopefully next week I'll have better stuff to talk about.
Love, Elder Chase Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment